rants

what not to do on fb

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Facebook has been around for a long time, evolving into a journal of sorts for people. What started as a place to catch up with old friends and post pictures is now Overshare Central. I don't always have the best etiquette on there myself (I admit I was passive aggressive emo girl writing subliminal messages after I got dumped, yuck), but I try to avoid making certain posts now if I can help it. Here are the "trends" I see on the site that I wish would go away:

Posts About Food
I do not need to know what you're having for dinner every night, down to the last ingredient.


Posts About Your Children That Only You Should Care About*
Your kid went on the potty. Awesome. No one cares except for you and maaaaaybe your family and close friends.


Posts About Every Single Workout You Do
It's not just that I'm jealous of your ambition. It's that I don't need to know every time you're at the gym, and how hard your workout was.


Posts That Brag About The Weather
This is just a dick move, especially if you are from a cold weather state and currently live in a warm state. You used to be like us once. Why rub it in?


Pity Party Posts
Read my rant about that here.

Per the usual, I don't hate any of the people who make these posts. I just wish they would stop. Rant over.

*I don't mean to offend any of my friends with kids. I actually adore looking at these pictures, because your families are what I aspire to have someday! I guess I should say it's more when the posts become excessive, with all of these. Either way-I don't mean to offend people with my rapidly changing opinion on trivial issues. Truly!*

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am 100% guilty of the weather posts...I'm from WI where it gets freaking cold in the winter but live in CO where the winter is pretty darn mild, even when we do have snow. I totally rub it in...oops!

    ReplyDelete