in memory of

Friday, December 06, 2013

I had every intention of doing a standard Friday Favorites post today, but after listening to the radio this morning, I had to change my focus.

My friend Leah apparently thought I needed a good cry, because she texted me and told me to tune into KS95. I eventually had to turn the radio off because I was crying so hard I couldn't put my makeup on! Why you ask?

Ryan and Shannon, two DJs at the radio station, are currently hosting their 15th annual “KS95 for Kids” Radiothon. It started at the Mall of America last night, and it continues through today. The radiothon is to raise money for the Children's Cancer Research Fund and Gillette Children's Specialty Hospital.

Last night, KS95 paid an incredibly touching tribute to Zach Sobiech, an 18 year old from Stillwater, MN who died from osteosarcoma in May. (It was so hard to find the best article to show you all a little about him, but just do a Google search on Zach. You'll find tons.)

5,000 Minnesotans showed up at the mall last night to sing "Clouds", a song Zach wrote as a way to say goodbye to his family and friends. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Zach, but he still touched my life with his story. He was so incredibly brave during his fight against cancer, and he taught us all a life lesson.

Take a look at this touching tribute. WARNING: Make sure you have tissue on hand!




Here are a few more articles/videos:
Zach Sobiech: Finding peace through music
Zach Sobiech, 17, Inspires Millions in Cancer Fight With Farewell Song
My Last Days: Zach Sobiech "Clouds" Celebrity Music Video

And finally, the original "Clouds" video

You Might Also Like

0 comments