love/hate

Thursday, December 08, 2011

There are several celebrities-be it actors, singers, what have you-that I a have tumultuous love/hate relationship with. There are glaringly obvious reasons as to why I should hate them, and I have comfort in knowing I am not alone with this. Yet, I find myself also loving them, causing my head and heart to often disagree. So confusing! Here is just a small sampling:

Britney Spears

Oh Britney...where do I begin. The girl can't sing. Anyone with working ears knows that. Up until recently, she was a mediocre dancer at best. Now, she's barely functional. Yes, I hear that people believe she puts on amazing live shows. I don't doubt that. A lot of production has to go into making her any semblance of a real artist. Sex sells; Britney proves that. (Her "Criminal" video? Um...hello?) But my main reason for going to a concert is to see the talent up close and personal, unedited and without heavy production. She's just not capable of that. Don't even get me started on the personal train wreck she has been the last few years, and the many "comebacks" she's had.

I can't quite pinpoint why, but I still seem to like her! I don't think she's released a single song I haven't liked eventually. (They often take some time for me to warm up to them.) Try as I might to hate them, they are just so damn catchy! I know this isn't due to her talent, but rather the talent of her songwriters and producers. Nonetheless, she is the image of her brand, and she sells it well. She has also released some batshit crazy, but brilliant videos. Aside from her disastrous VMA performance a few years back, she never bores me.

Justin Bieber

Zero explanation is needed as to why I should hate Justin Bieber. I mean, come on. Look at him! And that whole paternity suit against him? Hello! Not saying I believe it, but it's totally feasible some hornball 16 year old, who didn't know better to cover his stump, knocked up some skank backstage at a show. I digress...


On the other side of the coin-he's just so damn cute! Come on! You can't tell me that Bieber Fever is any different than the hysteria most girls (myself included)caused over Hanson and the Backstreet Boys in the 90's. Ok, N'Sync too, if that floated your boat. He's a genuinely talented kid who has potential for a long career. IF he doesn't keep making cheesy business moves like creating perfume and nail polish. (It's real people. And very frightening.) Should I be embarrassed I just admitted all of this??

Kristen Stewart

Kristen Stewart is a decent actress. She wasn't amazingly good or horrendously bad in movies like Adventureland orInto The Wild . But my God...the first Twilight movie? I have never been so physically and mentally pained to watch someone attempt to act in my life. If that movie didn't have hot guys and a good soundtrack, it may have been beyond saving. Whose bright idea was it to hinge a whole movie series on Kristen Stewart??

As the series has gone on, (yes, I have seen all of the movies) she has gotten MUCH better. Convincing even! I think she's finally adapting to her celebrity as the movies become more and more popular. I also think she has been less of an emo creep on the red carpet and at interviews. Thank God, cause one can only handle her scowl for so long. I don't know why, but I think she is insanely beautiful. I'm sure many will disagree with me, but I think she's a very pretty girl.





I'm sure there are many other people I love/hate, but these are the 3 that are most prevalent. Can you think of anyone you love but hate?

You Might Also Like

1 comments