run or dye/die

Monday, April 08, 2013

Die...definitely die.

I'm not a runner. I quite dislike the activity. I'm the girl who took power walking as my kins course in college. I'm the girl who believes my preemie underdeveloped lungs make it difficult to maintain good breathing during long bouts of running. (That may or may not be medically true.) The girl who probably looks like this when she runs:


GIFSoup


So why did I sign up for my first 5k, Run or Dye?? Well, I told myself I would live this year to the fullest, try new things, and take risks. What's riskier than having a ton of people see me huff and puff for 3.1 miles?? Also, it will hopefully inspire a healthier lifestyle. Training is no joke! I'm only two weeks in, and it is tough! It's getting easier, but my God it's tough for me. I admit that I usually give up on things that are hard or make me uncomfortable, but I reaaaallly want to see this through. (The upside of this run, however, is you aren't timed. :))

But last but not least, I get to have a great time with friends and end up like this:

Anyone else trying a new activity/exercise?

You Might Also Like

0 comments