wallflower

Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm notorious for seeing movies before I read the books. The Perks of Being A Wallflower is no exception. (For the record, I loved the movie, and highly recommend it.) The book was set up a little differently than I thought it would, written in a letter format. The main character, Charlie, is telling his story in multiple letters to someone he addresses as "friend".

Anywho-while I enjoyed the book very much, there were certain quotes that particularly stood out to me. It may be because the person who took it out from the library before me highlighted these quotes, but they stood out nonetheless. :) Here they are:

"There's nothing like the deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons."

"If someone likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. And I don't want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it, too."

"We accept the love we think we deserve.”

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."

You Might Also Like

0 comments