i resolve to...

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

I'm baaaack. I took quite the unintended hiatus from my blog, but I decided there's no better time to start back up than at the beginning of a new year. It's also a great time to share my resolutions!

Looking back at my 2012 resolutions, I can say I haven't done as good of a job as I'd hoped. I know it won't be easy to maintain that "new year, fresh start" mentality all year round, but I sure hope I can at least make baby steps in 2013. So here goes!

Be nicer and more patient with people.I have a tendency to get cranky and take it out on people. My sister definitely gets the brunt of it, and she doesn't deserve it. If I learn to have more patience, it will automatically transfer to being nicer. (I naively think it'll be that easy. Ha.) There are many more layers behind this resolution, but we'll just leave it at being nicer and more patient. :)

Follow through on commitments. I feel like this resolution is greatly based on my volunteer work. I have the best intentions, but I let my laziness and selfishness get in the way. This year I resolve to follow through and help with all the events and causes I set out to. Don't worry. I intend on transferring this resolution to every aspect of my life.

Change my attitude.I feel like I spent a lot of 2012 being cranky, angry, and bored with life. I should have appreciated all the blessings and good things in my life. It all starts with the attitude. So this will be something I'm working on in 2013!

Accept the things I cannot change.One of the things I'm known for, and am not proud of, is my worry wort attitude. I tend to worry about things I cannot change. I know I waste a lot of time and energy on this, and it's completely pointless. This will be a huge resolution to follow through on, but I would be happy to take baby steps on this one.

Find my happiness.I need to do a little more self-reflection and find what truly makes me happy. And then-I need to do it! Life is short, and I need to stop worrying about the things that ultimately don't matter. I believe it's true that you are happy when you do the things you love, so here goes my journey! Don't worry. I'm sure I'll write a post about what makes me happy when I find it. You will all be fully informed.

I hope you all had a very happy New Year, and that 2013 will be amazing!

You Might Also Like

0 comments