music nostalgia

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I was listening to my iPod on shuffle tonight when Jon Secada came on. (I'm not ashamed to admit I own a few of his songs.) It made me think of some of my favorite music growing up, and how artists just don't make albums like this anymore. Maybe for good reason in some of these cases. Here are just a few of the gems I owned...on cassette.

II : Boyz II Men
I'm pretty sure I knew people who owned this on cd. Not our family. Cassettes all the way.



Like A Prayer: Madonna
Angela and I looooved "Dear Jessie" growing up. The video is pretty messed up though.



Can't Fight Fate: Taylor Dayne
You were truly a child of the late 80's/early 90's if you remember Taylor Dayne!


In case you forgot, let me refresh your memory. SO awesomely bad.


Spellbound: Paula Abdul
I'm not sure who let her sing, but I still loved this album! She seemed so cool back then.


A classic video with an awesome Keanu Reeves cameo.


Funky Divas: En Vogue
Oh En Vogue. Why did you have to split up??


So sassy. I loved them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments