childhood

Saturday, April 19, 2014

I'm not sure what it was that initially got me walking down memory lane, but I started thinking about all of these random things from my childhood. Each and every one of them brings me back to a certain time in elementary school, a much simpler time that I sort of miss! The days where we would go to the library and play bingo with corn kernels when we couldn't go outside for recess. :) (Did anyone else do this? No fancy daubers at my school! And as a side note...I had no idea they were called daubers.) Anywho, do you remember:

Slim Goodbody


It's both nice and slightly horrifying to see that Slim Goodbody still exists, and does school tours. If you're so inclined, check out his website here.

Reading Rainbow


This theme song-enough said.

Amelia Bedelia


Reading Amelia Bedelia books was another rainy-day-no-recess activity in elementary school. Are these books still around?

Where The Sidewalk Ends



My third grade teacher would read the poems from this book all the time, adding random voices and actions. She was a bit nuts, but that's why she was one of my favorites. :)

Is there anything you distinctly remember from your childhood?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. omigosh - I LOVED Amelia Bedelia books! My Mom is a reading tutor and still uses those with her young girls. :)

    ReplyDelete