second careers

Sunday, April 20, 2014

If you recall, I have the obnoxious but awesome talent of recognizing people in obscure roles, and connecting the dots to their other work. (You can see that post here.) My newest revelations have come from reality tv, with stars who have what I call second careers. They somehow stretched their 15 minutes of fame into regular work, and for that, I applaud them.





David Giuntoli
The day I saw the first trailer for Grimm, I knew I recognized the main actor. Lo and behold, he was on an ollllddd season of Road Rules on MTV! If you've ever watched Grimm, take a look at this YouTube video and see if you can reconcile the two. I sure can't! (This video is from his time on The Gauntlet, not his season of Road Rules.)





Danielle Evans
Danielle won Season 6 of America's Next Top Model. Most contestants on this show don't parlay their time into a real career, which is understandable. It takes a lot more than a Tyra Banks-backed reality show to become a successful model. Well, Danielle is a model for New York & Company now, if nothing else! I came across her picture shopping on their site a few weeks ago, and I thought it was pretty cool. I understand her win a lot more looking at these photos.


Chantal Jones
Chantal was runner-up in Season 9 of ANTM. Same as Danielle, I came across Chantal while looking at a website, Rent the Runway to be exact. (If you haven't checked out this site before, I recommend you do! You can rent designer fashions for really cheap. I think I know where I'm getting my birthday outfit! :P) I'm sure she has done other work, but this is where I've most recently seen her.




You Might Also Like

0 comments