animal heroes

Sunday, November 16, 2014

I'm a huge animal lover, and I fully support advocating for those that need forever homes. If I had endless funds and resources, I would create a huge sanctuary and be a craaaaazy lady. You know, the kind that talks to the animals and expects a response back...I don't currently volunteer at a shelter, but I try to spread the word the best I can.

There are a few Facebook pages that I follow that do SUCH good work getting the word out about abused, abandoned, neglected, or special needs animals that need a forever home. If you can take the sad with the amazing and uplifting, I suggest looking at these pages yourselves!

No Trouble with This Tribble

Tribble was a kitten with a cleft lip and nose, and a neurological disorder that caused him to have balance issues. Tribble has since sadly taken a trip over the rainbow bridge, but the foster family that took him in still does amazing work with other special needs animals.

Oskar the Blind Cat (and Klaus!)

Oskar is this adorable blind cat that caught my eye on YouTube with this video. He has an equally adorable brother Klaus, and together, they make quite the duo! Throughout the years, their owners created a little mini empire with Christmas cards, calendars, and more! They also help advocate for other blind or special needs cats.

Blind Cat Rescue and Sanctuary

I came across the Blind Cat Rescue and Sanctuary through Oskar's page, and it just warms my heart. It is a shelter in North Carolina that takes in blind cats that may otherwise be euthanized. They live full lives with a lot of love. The best part? Their website has a live feed, so you can watch the cats in all their zany glory.

Mama Jade

Mama Jade is a beautiful pit bull that was found on a doorstep in Nashville in rough shape. She had been used as a bait and breeding dog, and also had cancer. Rather than euthanize her, her rescuer did all that she could to get the word out and raise funds. Last I heard, Mama Jade is doing well, and the Facebook page has been used to get the word out on other animals.


Batgirl

Batgirl is a former shelter cat that was close to being euthanized before her rescuer came along. She's rebounded beautifully, and like the others, she advocates for other cats at shelters. Come on, look at that face!

Lucky-A Survivor Kitty

Lucky unfortunately suffered animal cruelty earlier in his life. He was found on the streets with acid burns on his neck. His recovery has given him this adorable, almost surprised look (I personally think he's adorable!) He also brings attention to animals in need, especially those that have also suffered cruelty.

You Might Also Like

0 comments