scents = memories

Thursday, October 06, 2011

It's amazing how scents can remind you of certain memories.  Freshly mowed grass reminds me of summers as a kid.  Trident gum reminds me of my mom, and digging for a piece in her giant purse.  I had a random realization today of the scents that remind me of past boys in my life-good or bad.  Acqua di Gio, while worn by almost every guy in college, will always remind me of David Powers.  Ahh, the years I was in love with that kid.  Old Spice reminds me of Alex, because he always used the body wash.  Mike...well, he smelled like cigarettes, fried food, and Rumple Minze.  Definitely not the most appealing combination.   He's a chef, so I understand that he's around a deep fryer...the chain smoking and the incessant drinking is is a little less necessary. We'll see what other scents create memories in the future.

You Might Also Like

0 comments