what's in a name

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I wouldn't say I have a difficult name. In fact, I probably have the easiest name in the world. Two a's, two n's, and you're done. Yet somehow, everyone has a hard time understanding what my name is. When I get coffee at Caribou, I get asked at least three times. "Ava?" "Ala?" "Amber?" "Abba?" (Yes, I actually got called Abba before.) Or I get the "What? I'm sorry, what? I'm sorry. I'm having a hard time hearing you." Whaaat? Do I have some speech impediment that only comes out when I say my name? Perhaps if that second a wasn't on there and my name was just Ann, it'd be much easier to understand.

In honor of my ridiculously difficult name, I thought I'd find every song I could with the name Anna in it. Is the name hard to understand in these songs people?? Ok. Done with my rant. :)

"Anna Begins"-Counting Crows
"Anna (Go To Him)"-The Beatles
"Anna's Song"-Marvin Gaye (I have to admit-this song made me blush. Wowza!)
"Anna"-Bad Company
"Anna Molly"-Incubus (Hey, it still has Anna in it!)

My fave out of them all

You Might Also Like

0 comments