nostalgia

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I was watching tv the other night, and the most random thought popped in my head. "Remember those Barbie fashion plates you loved as a kid?" I'm not sure what prompted me to think this, but it got the wheels turning. I started reminiscing over all my favorite toys as a kid, and I got a great giggle Googling them. I'm telling you. They just don't make toys like these anymore! What I loved the most:

Barbie Fashion Plates
I couldn't find a picture of the Barbie set, but this picture still provides the flashback.



Puppy in My Pocket
Ahh I loved these. I had every one in this picture. They came in individual wrappers,like baseball cards, with information on the puppy. So tiny and cute!



Polly Pocket
I'm talking the original Polly Pocket here, when she actually could fit in your pocket. The obvious downfall was the ease to losing pieces, but they were still fun to me! I also had this exact one. So boooy am I reminiscing right now.



What toys do you remember from your childhood?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. omg. i loved polly pockets.

    i was a HUGE barbie fan. HUGE. like spent every allowance dollar on barbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto on all counts! Money spent on every accessory and set I could!

      Delete
  2. I was obsessed with "Littlest Pet Shop" animals throughout a good portion of the 90's. And not that anime looking crap that they have now.

    Remember when they came out with the special edition "Beethoven" ones when that movie came out?!

    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4701476498_a05340a84d.jpg
    http://furbyrocks.tripod.com/Beeth.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigod, YES!! I remember having the hamsters and loving them!

      Delete