rants

rant of the day

Monday, August 06, 2012

Let me drop a disclaimer: my rant does not come from jealousy, bitterness, or envy. I love love. I'm happy for people in love. It's a beautiful thing. This rant comes from straight up hatred. To all of my good friends who do this-I love you, but you have to stop! I highly doubt I'm the first person to say this, so take heed.

Sure, I'm single. I'm nowhere remotely near being in love. But I pray on all that is holy that when I am I will never be like this:

Yes, it looks harmless, but come on. Chances are, if you're in love, you're talking to and/or seeing your significant other on a daily basis. If you feel a sudden urge to express your love, there are other means. Try a phone call, text message, or even a private message. Hell, go over to their house and say it face to face if it strikes you that hard. But for the love of God, stop blowing up my newsfeed with your personal declarations of love. That should be between you and your significant other-not all 855 friends on your list. I'll let you have your engagement, wedding, and anniversary posts. Those are one time special occasions that I have no problem with you sharing. But there's no need to constantly blast "I love you baby" on your boyfriend's wall. (I was going to include girlfriend to that mix, but I've never seen a guy spam his girlfriend's wall with love messages. Not saying it can't happen-just haven't seen it.)

If you are really in love, you don't need to flaunt it on social media to prove it to others. Keep the lovefest to yourselves friends. I think a lot of people will thank you for it.

*Names have been blacked out to protect their identity. I don't hate ya. I just hate your damn posts people.*

You Might Also Like

0 comments