mulembe

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

When I wrote my Do Gooder post, I asked that everyone take a little time out of their day to help others. My good friend Lindsay is doing just that and then some, no doubt changing a lot of lives along the way. She is currently living in Kenya, working as an HIV/AIDS educator (and in my mind, as Super Woman) for the Peace Corps. She has done so much already, and she's only halfway through her stay! (Is that right Lindsay? What does your homemade calendar say?)

She has built a garden, worked on a resource center for her community, and is teaching the local women how to make jewelry to sell. The crazy part-they make some of the beads from magazine clippings! Take a look at the gorgeous bracelet she gave me:

(I feel guilty I didn't pay for it!)

Lindsay just set up an Etsy page for the Mulembe Craft Co and I ask that everyone PLEASE take a look and see if anything strikes your fancy! Each piece is unique, beautiful, and will help her community.

Another way you can help-if you have any magazines with colorful pages, please give them to me! I'm in the process of writing Lindsay a letter, and will send her what magazine pages I have.

If you're interested in Lindsay's endeavors in Kenya, follow her blog The Journey is the Reward. Thank you everyone!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments