still funny

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Holy guacamole! It's been weeks since I've posted! No worries friends. I've crawled out from under the rock I was living and am now back to blog random thoughts. In a hopefully not-creepy post, I start with another ode to my friend Joanna.

Despite the fact I don't work by her anymore, my old coworker Joanna still gives me some of the best laughs of the day. There was a particular exchange last week that was done in true Joanna style, so I had to share it. The topic? Massages with flowers.

It all started by Joanna posting this picture on her Facebook:


Naturally, I had to like it. That spurred an email with a collage she made for her Tumblr site.

Really? Do people really get massages like that? Granted I've only gotten one professional massage in my life, but it was in Mexico on the beach and I STILL didn't have flowers surrounding me. That being said, Joanna countered with this response:

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!

Just google "groupon massage" and look at the image results. It's RIDICULOUS. They're mostly lighter skinned females. Really no ladies of color or dudes to be found. I only saw like two or three!


I not only noticed what she had mentioned, but one other element: if there weren't flowers around the person being massaged, they were in the women's hair. Seriously! Wtf? Joanna's last response:

Next time I get a massage I'll ask if they have any flowers. I'm sure the masseuse will be like, "what the hell are you talking about?" and then I'll ask if they had a section in massage school about flower selection for clients.

I understand I may be the only person who thinks this is funny, because I know Joanna and her sense of humor. But come on! Who notices that kind of stuff? Joanna does. And for that, I thank her.

You Might Also Like

0 comments