concert bucket list

Tuesday, August 06, 2013



I was in a Jimmy mood on my way home from work today, and it reminded me I am almost a month late on this post!

I had the amazing fortune of winning Jimmy Eat World tickets from Cities 97 for their show on July 8th at First Ave. I've been a fan since high school, and I NEVER win anything, so this was pretty darn amazing. (It actually ended up being a twofer: I also won tickets to see Matt Nathanson in Studio C.:) ) Forgive the blurriness of the screenshot.


I had been waiting forever to buy tickets, and had planned on buying them the day I got the voicemail from Cities 97. It was fate! As you can imagine, it was an amazing show full of so many of my favorite songs! I was finally able to cross Jimmy Eat World off my concert bucket list!!! Here is their set list from that show:



My favorites were "Kill" and "Hear You Me". Here's a video of them performing "Hear You Me" in studio, in case you don't know how amazing this song is.



I've been able to check Weezer, Ingrid Michaelson, and now Jimmy Eat World off my bucket list. Someday I'll be able to cross off Sara Bareilles, Dave Matthews Band (yes, I haven't seen them yet, unlike everyone else who has seen them 100 times), Kelly Clarkson, Dashboard Confessional, and Brand New. All of these bands/artists remind me of certain times in life, and I think it'd be amazing to see them all. Don't judge me!

Are there any bands on your bucket list?

You Might Also Like

0 comments