legacy

Saturday, August 24, 2013

I have a habit of being reaaalllly late on my blog posts, but I suppose better late than never?

As news of one of Eau Claire's most beloved professor's passing spread, it become incredibly clear the impact he had on people's lives. His previous students were passing the article around on Facebook, sharing their kind words and speaking about how he affected them. He was so passionate about his work, always cared deeply about his students, and always made it a point to know what was going on in their lives. I unfortunately didn't get to know him as well as others did, but I always knew how much joy he spread around. Chuck Tomkovick left behind such a legacy.

As I read about Chuck's life and the impact he had, it really got me thinking: what kind of legacy do I want to leave behind? Will I be known as the crazy, emotional, slightly irrational hypochondriac I am? (I say this in jest, of course.) Or will I leave behind something more? A truly great life can be measured in how you made others feel, how you affected their lives. I want to have a positive impact on as many people as I possibly can, by ways of donating time, talents, money, etc. I'm only 29, so I hope I have plenty of time to still create my legacy.

What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind?

To read more about Chuck Tomkovick, click here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments