dream come true

Sunday, September 08, 2013

On Monday, August 26th, I was able to fulfill a childhood dream while at the Minnesota State Fair.

When I checked the lineup, I saw that Hanson was going to be performing on a free stage. My friend Amy said she would go with me, despite having no real expectations of the show. I, on the other hand, had been a fan since I was 13. This would be my third Hanson show since that very special birthday when my mother got me theMiddle of Nowhere cd. I'm clearly not as rabid as I was, but they will always hold a special place in my heart and in my memories. (The picture to the right demonstrates my fandom back in '97.)

The show ran from 8:30 to about 10:30. It felt like it was 100* out that night, so it was a tough one to stick out. Once the music started, though, it was all worth it! They are Hanson 2.0, all grown up with a new sound. However, they did a really good 50/50 mix of old favorites and new songs. (Their new cd, Anthem just came out this summer.)

After the show was over, Amy's friend Angela wanted to stick around and see if any of the brothers would linger. I was hot and tired, and tried to convince Amy to walk back to our shuttle bus. I am SO glad she decided we should stick around. A few minutes later, Zac, the youngest brother, came out to talk to fans and talk pictures. I couldn't believe he was right in front of us! At my second Hanson show at the Riverside Theater in Milwaukee, I was inches away from them but separated by a bodyguard. I couldn't get any closer. But here, now, 16 years later, I had my chance! Taylor and Ike were nowhere to be found (Zac said they had friends in the area), but Zac was always my favorite anyway. :) I got a picture and an autograph, and I can now die a happy woman. :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments