music

musical favorites-part 2

Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm a sucker for a really good love song. I'm a not-so-subtle hopeless romantic, so the lyrics to this song get me every time. Yes, I first heard it in Breaking Dawn, but don't let its affiliation with Twilight sway you. If you like love songs, I have no doubts you'll love this. The song is "Turning Page" from a great group called Sleeping At Last.



As I expressed in my first Musical Favorites post, I'm madly in love with The Civil Wars. There isn't a single song they've created that I don't adore. "Falling" is one of my favorites off their CD Barton Hallow. Anyone who has been in/confused by/messed up by love can relate to this song. My opinion anyway. :)



I'll admit the first time I heard this song was on Glee. Original fans of this song have expressed a lot of disdain for this, but I love that it was an outlet to expose me to this song. I probably wouldn't have heard it otherwise. It's fun, it's quirky, and almost feels like a throw back to the 80's/early 90's. The video weirds me out, but the song is awesome.

You Might Also Like

0 comments