hand talker

Monday, February 06, 2012

I'm a very animated person when I talk. Arms flail, hands make crazy gestures, my face contorts in ways I never thought possible...While all of this is pretty wompy in a regular face-to-face conversation, it gets borderline ridiculous when I'm on the phone.

Whether on personal phone calls, or on the phone at work, I find myself using my hands A LOT. I'd have to say it's the worst when I'm at work though. I often have to walk people through our site to find what they're looking for. I make gestures towards my screen and point to certain tabs as if someone will magically see that through the phone and get it. I've made sweeping motions, cupping motions (not sure how I always end up doing that...is it a Freudian slip? Are boobs/balls always in my subconscious thoughts?), I've rubbed my face in exasperation, and I've even shrugged my shoulders. Again, who do I think will see this? Not sure. Aside from my coworkers who probably think I'm nuts, my gestures aren't helpful to anyone. I've been doing this for 27 years, so I'm not sure I can program them out now. Just be forewarned, so you don't get mad if I hit you when I talk. :)

My exasperated face

You Might Also Like

0 comments