fashion or function?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm going to venture a guess and say neither...

We've all seen that guy. The one who is wearing a belt while his pants are hanging around his knees.



Working downtown, I see guys like this waaay more than I would ever want to. (Which, mind you, is never. I'd be perfectly content never having to stare at another guy's boxers hanging out of his pants again.) It got me thinking that question: Is wearing the belt for fashion or function? The clear answer is neither. A belt's main function is to assist in holding up someone's pants. Judging by where their pants sag to, it is either not doing its job or there is user error. I'm going to say it's user error on this one.

It can't be for fashion either. Most guys wear plain black or brown belts. If a guy is feeling particularly stylish, his belt might have studs or some other embellishment. Either way, 9 out of 10 this belt is doing nothing for his overall look. This is where I ask for your help. Can anyone get me a legit reason why people wear their pants like this?? Honestly, I'd like to know. I'm always so befuddled when I see these people, and often have to bite my lip not to sass them and get in a fight. (I'm telling you-these random thoughts are hard to contain!)

So if not for fashion or function, why?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Where this stupid thing started: http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp

    Prison!

    ReplyDelete