walk for wishes

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

As some of you may know, I am a volunteer for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. While I'm still currently working on my first wish, it has been an incredibly rewarding experience. I've been able to see through MAW videos and my own interactions how much these wishes mean to the children. Wishes can be anything from trips to Disney World to a new gaming system to swimming with dolphins, but they all provide the same thing-hope. Hope, strength, and joy that are much needed for children with life-threatening medical conditions.

Without donations from individuals and businesses, MAW wouldn't be able to continue doing what they're doing. While they accept donations year round, the foundation also holds several big fundraisers. Their summer fundraiser is the Walk for Wishes event. I decided to help rally together my running (and walking) buddies to see who would like to contribute to this great cause!

Here is a little information on the event. Please feel free to click on the link to visit the official Walk for Wishes site. If you have any questions about the event or Make-A-Wish in general, please email me! Thank you all soooo much!

What: Walk for Wishes 2-Mile Walk/5k Run
Where: Normandale Lake Park in Bloomington
When: Saturday, July 14th, 2012
5k Run-7:30-8:30 am
2-Mile Walk-8:30-10:00 am
Why: To raise money to grant wishes!
Cost: $25

You Might Also Like

0 comments