female crush

Thursday, April 19, 2012

For a good 6 years, I have been a huge, gigantic, GINORMOUS fan of Ingrid Michaelson. While most people I know don't have a clue who she is, or only know "The Way I Am" from the radio, I have been not-so-secretly mildly obsessed with her. I'll admit that I first came across her music on Grey's Anatomy, but boy did it make such an impact! I could tell you exact scenes where some of her music was played...("Keep Breathing" was played when Christina found out Burke left her. "Turn To Stone" was played when Izzie and Alex got married. If you don't know the show, I'd imagine this all sounds pretty dumb right about now.) She has an incredible voice, heartfelt lyrics, and she can even play the ukelele! That's talent.

On Monday, April 16, 2012, I fulfilled a dream of mine. Thanks to my friend Jeff, I got to see Ingrid in concert at the Guthrie. Words cannot express how amazing she was, how amazing the show was, and how happy I was to finally see her in the flesh. (Damn you Tessa for this being your 6th concert.) My phone didn't take the clearest pictures or videos, but they will help me remember this moment forever. I heart Ingrid Michaelson.

Playlist

1. Fire
2. Soldier
3. Parachute
4. Do It Now
5. Blood Brothers
6. Ghost
7. Keep Warm
8. The Way I Am
9. San Francisco
10. This Is War
11. In The Sea
12. Overboard
13. Black and Blue
14. Ribbons
15. Maybe
16. You And I
17. The Chain (one of my faves...SO happy she closed with this)



The Guthrie



Harper Blynn, her opening act



Love her!



Eee, there she is!






The end of "The Chain"

*Yes, that is absolutely me cheering at the end. Have I not already said how much I love her?*

You Might Also Like

0 comments