underrated

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm going to make a bold statment and say that Hootie & The Blowfish and Sister Hazel are two of the best bands to come out of the 90's. Completely underrated. Aside from their more popular hits, both bands had some beautiful ballads and rocking tunes. We're not talking hard rock here, of course, but they were still fun songs. I had a huge Hootie phase, and Sister Hazel more than defines my high school career. (Ok, so Fortress was released in 2000, my freshmen year of high school, but they first came about in the 90's).

"Goodbye" is by far one of my favorite Hootie & The Blowfish songs ever. Why the one guy is shirtless in this video, I'll never know. Darius Rucker has so much emotion and soul in his voice that, I'm not ashamed to admit, he has brought me to tears several times. We're not talking full flowing, but tears to the eyes for sure. I adore this song.



"Champagne High" is definitely my favorite Sister Hazel song, and will always remind me of my high school crush Tim. Ahh, those were the days. Kelsey and Kristie-don't you agree? Love love love this song.

You Might Also Like

0 comments