hot or not

Friday, April 27, 2012

I generally understand why women love rockstars. (Should I even call them rockstars anymore? Musicians? Boy bands? Guys who can sing and/or play instruments?) I digress. There's something about their talent and passion that is sexy. But this is not always the case.

Sure, some of them are genuinely sexy. Adam Levine anyone? (This, by the way, is not disputable. It is a cold hard fact, and I will defend it to the ground.) Others, while being incredibly talented, just don't have the face you would expect for a lead singer. Hey, I'm all for awkward looking bass players. Or guitar players. Or drummers. If you have someone who just stands there and plays the tambourine or the cowbell, by all means, sign on a weird looking dude. Just not the lead singer. I need someone to oogle. And I am in no way being sexist here. Sex sells music for both men and women. Just saying. (Sidenote: I'm really not this shallow in real life. Promise.)

I can think of 3 male singers right off the bat whose voices I absolutely love, but their faces just don't match what I expected. Maybe this is another area in my life where I need to lower my expectations. Who knows.

In no particular order:

Band: Snow Patrol
Singer: Gary Lightbody

I LOVE Snow Patrol. It goes well beyond "Chasing Cars" too, although I will say that is the only song I can think of that I never ever got sick of. Ever. Songs like "Run" really demonstrate the sweetness and raw emotion to his voice. There's something I find so sexy about it, and I can't explain it. My first glimpse into what he looked like came with the "Chasing Cars" music video. Woah! Not what I expected at all! I'm pretty sure he's Irish, and he looks it, but yeah. Not what I expected. What do you think?











Band: Jimmy Eat World
Singer: Jim Adkins

Jimmy Eat World will always define a time of my life. I listened to them pretty much non-stop in college, along with DMB and Dashboard Confessional. While I had heard their songs on the radio, it wasn't until my brother played "Faster" for me that I became hooked. I can't explain what I find so sexy about his voice, but wow, that unibrow? Yikes. Often times his hair is just a big 'ol mess too. I get that musicians often look disheveled, but a good haircut and some tweezing would do this guy wonders. It would be a step in the right direction.

Band: Fall Out Boy
Singer: Patrick Stump

Honestly, do I really need to say much here? I wouldn't say his voice is always sexy per se, but there is something about it I love. I'm not super into Fall Out Boy, but there are some songs I really like. I just...I...I don't really know what to say about his looks without sounding super mean and shallow. I guess I can say he fit the part for the style their band was going for. While searching for photos, I did see that he has since lost weight, cut his hair, and got rid of those God awful sideburns. He's still an awkward looking dude though. But hey, the band broke up, so I guess he might not apply to my list anymore.









Are there any other guys that can fit into this list?

You Might Also Like

0 comments