props

Monday, July 21, 2014

I'm not usually one to share about my shopping experiences on social media or my blog, but in this case, I'm making an exception. :)

As most of you know by now, I volunteer with Make-A-Wish. (I cannot sing the praises of this organization enough. If you're interested in getting involved, I'm happy to answer any questions!) I was at the Mall of America all weekend, fulfilling the wishes of two children in one family. One child wasn't able to make it to the mall on Saturday to get her gifts herself, so I went on Sunday to pick them up for her. (I am super excited to drop them off to her tonight!!)

One of the gifts she wanted was a gold bracelet. When I was at the mall with the other child on Saturday, I saw the Michael Hill store, and thought that'd be a great place to start. I'm happy I did, because they had an AMAZING sale going on! I knew I'd be able to pick out something great with the budget I had. The saleswoman who helped me was so incredibly nice and thoughtful with the choices she gave me. Her coworker was really nice as well, and they were so sweet about the fact I was there for Make-A-Wish. She priced up the bracelet I chose, and with taxes, it was more than the gift card I had left. This is when the really amazing part comes in.

Not only did the saleswoman Katie sell me the bracelet without charging the taxes, she threw in a free pair of pearl earrings for me, because of the work I'm doing with Make-A-Wish. I was speechless! I can't say enough about how great they were at that store. If you are ever looking for jewelry and at the Mall of America, please check their store out! I fully intend on going back to buy a bracelet for myself. :) You can find their locations and browse their jewelry here.

Make-A-Wish Foundation

You Might Also Like

0 comments